Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review of MAD ABOUT YOU by Joan Kilby

 

About Mad About You:

Accountant Cassy Morris knows she’s putting her heart on the line when she agrees to move in with her best friend, multi-millionaire geek Scott Thornton while she manages his nanotechnology lab and finds an angel investor for his revolutionary new product. She’s loved him forever even though he’s only ever regarded her as a friend. But Cassy never could refuse Scott anything...

When Scott is named Seattle’s sexiest man, the attention from women threatens to get in the way of him finishing his pet project and putting it on the market. Cassy steps up once again and pretends to be his fiancé. A lifetime of repressed sexual tension explodes in a passionate affair. Soon Scott is wondering how he can convince Cassy to turn their fake engagement into reality...


Review

    Cassy and Scott have been best friends for most of their lives, so when Scott calls her to ask for help she is not going to turn him down.  Cassy packs up and heads to Seattle to help him find funding for his latest project.  However, her role takes a turn and she ends up becoming his fake fiancé to help ward off women and help him concentrate on achieving his dream.  What Scott doesn’t realize is that she has been in love with him since they were teenagers and this fake arrangement may end up having a devastating effect on her heart. 
     When a potential investor invites them to spend the weekend at a nearby lodge to present their idea, Cassy hopes this will be her chance to make Scott see that she loves him as more than a friend.  Scott doesn’t understand what he is feeling for Cassy.  She has been the only true friend in his life and he is not ready to mess that up; however, it is getting harder to resist her.  When the investor books them into the honeymoon suite as an early wedding present, things begin to heat up.  Scott finally gives into his desires and begin a hot, steamy affair. 
     By the end of the weekend, the funding for Scott’s prototype is still up in the air and Cassy makes a decision that could end what they are just beginning.  When they show up at the house of Scott’s estranged father, he is furious at her.  She makes him listen and in the end it is one of the best decisions of his life.  However, when his dad sends over the funding plans Scott realizes that his dad has no intention of including Cassy in the business, he wants to call the whole thing off.  Instead of that happening, she makes the hardest decision of her life and leaves Scott so he can fulfill his dream. 
     Will Scott realize he is in love with Cassy before it is too late?  Will he go after her and prove she means the world to him?  In order to find out, you will need to get the book. 
     I truly enjoyed the book.  Cassy was such a strong character that you couldn’t help but like her.  She knew she was in love with Scott and risked getting hurt just to make sure he succeeds.  She was so selfless, that you just wanted to shake Scott to make him open up his eyes and see what was right in front of him.  Scott carried a lot of baggage from his past and didn’t believe he was able to truly love someone.  When he finally realized he did love Cassy and would only ever love her I wanted to jump for joy!  However, he was truly clueless on how to win her back.  I loved the ending and I couldn’t be happier for them both.  I was glad they got their HEA and I would love to get check-ins with them should there be another story about one of Scott’s friends and employee.  What are you waiting for?  Go out and get your copy today!           

Purchase Links
 
About Joan:
When I'm not working on a book I can often be found sipping a  latte at my local cafe and indulging my favorite past-time of people watching. 
 
Growing up in Vancouver, Canada, I always wanted to be a writer. In university I took a detour to study marine biology. I worked as an environmental biologist for many years until the birth of my first child. 
 
I loved staying at home with my kids because not only could I  raise them myself but I could indulge my first love -- writing. I soon realized story-telling was what I was always meant to do.  
 
Twenty years later I'm still hooked on writing. I've published over twenty-five books with Harlequin. I'm now writing for Entangled Publishing and have a couple of self-publishing projects on the go. 
 
I live in Melbourne, Australia, with my husband and three grown children. As well as writing and hanging out in cafes (Melbourne has the best coffee!) I go to the gym, walk my dog, cook, hike, garden, swim and read. I belong to Toastmasters Club and numerous writing organizations. 

Connect with Joan:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment