Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Review of Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

“Maybe it's not in the perfection of life that things make sense, but in the chaos.”   Ruin - Rachel Van Dyken
      


     Oh my! Where do I start? I LOVED this book! I had an idea of what to expect after reading some other reviews, but those reviews just did not do the book justice. This will be a book that I will go back to and re-read several times. There is a little bit of everything in this book: humor, sadness, loss, hope and most importantly love. The bond between the main characters, Wes and Kiersten, was unbelievable. I loved how they made each other so much better. I loved the banter between all of the characters and the supporting characters were wonderful, I can't wait for them to get their HEAs too!  I look forward to the reading the follow up books in this series.  I just can't get over how much I truly loved this book!  I would highly recommend anyone who has not read this to GET YOUR COPY NOW! 

 
Quotes:
 

“I’m going to make it so hard for you to forget this first kiss that you don’t want anyone else kissing you ever again. When the guy you fall in love with kisses you — it better put this kiss to shame — if it doesn’t, then he isn’t the right guy. Because I’m going to do a damn good job, and I want the guy that earns you, that takes that heart of yours and holds it in the palm of his hands… I want that guy to be able to make you feel things I’ll just be tapping into. Do you understand, Kiersten?”  
 
“You may not see every single piece of the puzzle that creates your life -- you may not see every move the grand chess player makes -- but know, He is in complete control of the game board. Sometimes certain pieces are moved or knocked over to make room for new ones. Other times, things happen because of the world we live in. But everything in the end, will always turn out for good. It's a nice promise, isn't it? To know there's a reason for it all?”  
 
“You rescued me and I found my ruin." I bit down on my lip. "I'm ruined for you - and I won't ever be the same. It's the greatest gift anyone has ever given me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment