Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review - CREE by H.J. Bellus



Book Description
 
Book #1 CREE
Book #2 TRIPP (to be released March 2014)
Book #3 MILES (to be released May 2014)


**Mature Content Warning** Recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual content.

Whose parents abandon them in a trashy trailer when they are five years old? Oh Yeah! Mine do!

Hey Hoochies! I'm Milly, and I am tired of taking kicks to the gut. A broken family, an asshole husband and the loss of loved ones have left me crying Uncle, and declaring a serious case of the Fuck-Its!

I had my heart broken, stomped on and shattered before I ever started on my journey to find my little piece of happiness. With a bucket list, a '66 Ford and wild dreams, I set out on an adventure that changed my life forever.

I found Cree...

A pirate with a little princess and they swept me off my ever lovin' feet, filling my world with sprinkles, mac n' cheese and the courage to live again.

They forced my fragile heart to trust and love without fear.

But the truth is, nobody's past stays hidden forever. It's an invisible monster waiting to attack and destroy. It has the capability to ruin everything you've worked to set right.

All it takes is one final blow to the gut to end everything...
 
Review

    If you have not read this book, you are seriously missing out.  I know there are tons of books on the market and that we have in our TBR list, but you really need to bump this one up on your list.  I know a lot of people are hesitant to read something by a new author publishing her first book, but you should have no reservations about this one.  It is one of the best debut books I think I have ever read.
    Milly had a horrible childhood and suffered abuse from her parents.  Her only saving grace was her Grandpa that she went to live with.  She later ended up marrying a total douche, but gained a wonderful woman in her life.  Francis, her mother-in-law.  They grew very close, as if Milly was her own daughter, not her daughter-in-law.  As it turns out, the world was not done crapping on Milly as Francis had cancer and passed away. 
    Just as Milly was resigned to live a miserable life, her world was turned upside down.  Francis knew exactly what kind of a man her son was and left everything to Milly.  Milly was now a very rich, and finally free, woman.  Thus begins the journey of Milly creating a bucket list and finding herself.
    When Milly ends up putting down roots in a small town, the last thing she ever expected was to find someone like Cree.  He was a truly the man of her dreams.

 ***
He completely shocked the hell out of me with that kiss.  I wanted to freeze-frame the moment forever, never forgetting the way his soft lips felt on my skin.

 ***
    And let’s not forget his magic sprinkles.  Whew, any man who can make you feel better with confetti sprinkles is a keeper in my book. 
    This is a story about Milly’s path to happiness and all of the obstacles in her way.  No, it is not a pretty story and it is not always easy; however, the reward at the end is so worth it.  While the story of Milly’s childhood is hard to read, the way Cree helps her overcome her past is truly breathtaking. 

***
“Do you know what I see when I look at these toes?  I see the perfection that god created just for me.  I see a creative and talented woman with the biggest heart that has ever walked this Earth.  I see the woman that I am madly in love with.  I see my Dolly who brightens every single one of my mornings with coffee,” he said in between kissing my toes.

 ***
    I cannot recommend this book enough.  It is one of the best stories I have read in a long time.    Milly, Cree and Annie will always have a place in my heart.  Make sure to get your copy today and fall in love with them like I did!!

***
“Oh god, Cree.  I love you – please don’t break my heart.  I’ve fallen so hard for you.  I wouldn’t be able to breathe if you broke my heart.”
“I promise I won’t.  I’ve never loved like this.  I need you, too.”          
 
Purchase Link: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment