Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review of RYAN (Jagged Edge Series #8) by A.L. Long

36510500

Ryan (Jagged Edge Series #8) by A.L. Long
*Stand Alone - do not need to read the rest of series
Genre: Erotic Romance

Blurb: 

Following the same routine, day in and day out, Charlie Winters was about to give up on getting the break she deserved. Things begin to look up when her brother Nick suggested she to come to New York to work at his landscaping company. Moving from the small town of Cedar Grove to the big Apple was everything Charlie dreamed of, until her brother witnessed a brutal murder, which put his life in danger. Charlie would do everything she could to protect him even if it meant contacting the boy she fell in love with as a teenager.
Leaving the only girl, he had ever loved, the last thing Ryan Hyatt expected was to run into her, especially in Manhattan. Regretting his decision to push her away after he had enlisted in the military, he tried to make it up to her by offering to protect her brother Nick. When tragedy stuck, he soon found that his brother Josh may have been involved.  Ryan would stop at nothing to protect the woman he would never stopped loving.

REVIEW 

This is the first book in this series that I have read and I can honestly say that I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.  The story did a pretty good job of helping to fill in any blanks and didn't leave you wondering what you were missing.  With that being said, I think I am going to have to start at the beginning of this series because I want to know more about each of these delectable men.

Charlie's life was lacking in more ways then one, so when her brother offered to move her to New York, she was excited to go.  Not only was she going to be able re-connect with her brother, but she was going to have more opportunities in general.  The last thing she expected was to also re-connect with her first crush and the man who broke her heart.

Ryan has always loved Charlie, but when he left for the military they lost touch.  When she walks back into his life, he can't believe his luck.  He will do whatever it takes to keep her right by his side; however, the last thing he expects is for his family to cause her family any problems.

I really enjoyed getting lost in Ryan and Charlie's story.  I loved how they both still cared for each other after all this time.  With all the twist and turns in this read, you were not sure what was going to happen next. Once I started, I could not put it down.  I wanted them to get their HEA something fierce. I loved how the story ended and to say I am a little shocked is an understatement.  I can't wait to see what arises from the epilogue, but in the meantime, I am going to start at the beginning of this series and fall for each one of these sexy men.      


No comments:

Post a Comment